Wednesday 6 June 2012


Thursday 31st May

Let the stars shine.

Last night I attended the first ever Stars of the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation awards. A ceremony to award individuals, groups and companies who support the charity and help to raise awareness and funds for it.

It was an emotional evening with everyone in the room deserving of an award.

Although my dress for the evening wasn’t charity shop it was a bargain and received lots of compliments. I don’t know if it’s just me but whenever I receive a compliment for my outfit, I can’t help myself but tell the person where it’s from and I seem to get the most pleasure when they admire a piece of charity shop clothes.

My dress I wore cost me £8 last May from Primark. It was a dusky pink lampshade dress that fell longer at the back than the front. I teamed this with a brown suede blet I bought for £1 in a charity shop and a beautiful bring pink glower in my hair that the lovely Fishlocks Florists brought for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment