Tuesday 15 May 2012

Month 2 - day 15

The joys of pink jeans

April showers I can just about deal with but hail stones in May I think is taking it a little too far. Come on people! This morning wasn't a good morning to be anyway, I couldnt decide what to wear and the old faithful looking out the window trick didnt help me either.

I settled on black cut off, silvery grey jumper, black blazer and pumps. In my head, I was going for Spring office chic .... that lasted about ten minutes. Walking to work the heavens opened and not only did it rain, it hailstoned, just lovely. I ran (marathon legs came in handy) and took shelter under a tree, all this before 8.30am, who ever said marketing wasnt glamorous.

The point of this story is  I arrived in work, pumps flooded and trousers stuck to my legs. Its days like this, I'm so happy to be on board with charity shop chic challenge as I simply looked through my runner rail of clothes and came across a gorgeous and bright pair of ankle skimming skinny pink jeans. Maybe a little on the bright side for 9am and not really matching with my blue ribbon hairband but I love them all the same. They cost me £5 and although they werent what I was wearing this morning, I'm a happy customer to be wearing them now.


No comments:

Post a Comment