Thursday 24 May 2012

Month 3 Day 24

Give as gain

I've been taught recently that a good way to think in business is 'give as gain' which is basically what I'd been taught in school ... some years ago. Basically, if someone helps you, you do what you can to help them in return or vice versa with gifts. I know we should never give to receive but its nice to pay back, which I'm trying to do.

By this I mean, I am promoting wearing charity clothes and buying from charity shops so seems only right I myself should give to charity shops, which is exactly what I've been doing.

Since March I have given several bin bags full of clothes and shoes to the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation and Age UK. This included clothes that were too big for me and sellable and those fit only for rags, but both help the charity.

What are you waiting for? Those jeans you've had for years or the dress you swear you will wear again .... you know you never will so why not donate them to your local charity shop. Even better, buy a new item whilst you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment