Thursday 19 April 2012

Thursday 19th April – month 2, day 19

Keep the compliments coming

I came across a bit of an unusual dress (for me anyway) in our shop during my first ever charity shop chic shopping trip. It is bright yellow with black lines almost forming a tree and white birds scattered across it. It really is a good job I put images on these blogs as even reading that back it does not sound appealing.

What I love about the dress is the fact that is has a waterfall hemline which I think is the correct fashion terminology but in a nutshell it falls several inches longer at the back than the front. I think it’ll look lovely in the summer with sandals and sunglasses but today I wasn’t brave enough to have bare legs so I’ve teamed it with black tights and shoe boots.

Must give a thank you to Suzanna, who I work with, who actually took the dress in for me as it was a little too big. A downside to charity shop clothing is you can never predict what will be there and its usually one of everything. To me though, so far this had added to the fun of the challenge and led to me customising clothes and trying new styles where before I wouldn’t. 

No comments:

Post a Comment