Thursday 5 April 2012

Thursday 5th April – Month 2, day 5

Topshop? Don’t mind if I do!

As I hope you all know, I work for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, we have 12 charity shop across the region, two of which are near to where I live and have become my new Topshop and today that’s a literal Topshop.

I like to think I’ve got a little eye for fashion, that doesn’t mean I necessarily wear the latest trends as they don’t always suit me but I will incorporate the styles in ways that will flatter my figure.

This was one of the things that worried me when I agreed to take on this challenge. Sticking purely to charity shop clothes will limit my availability to the latest trends or flattering clothing, or so I thought.  Granted, I’m spending more time and effort putting together my outfits but I’m certainly spending nowhere near the same amount of money on them.

Today I’m wearing a pair of Topshop violet skinny jeans that I’ve teamed with a long black vest and a silver and white woollen vest on top.




Hands down my favourite item I have found and bought in the past five weeks is this ridiculously gorgeous brown leather jacket again from Topshop that cost me £20. They say one man’s junk is another man’s treasure and this is most certainly the case here. Again, people donate items to charity shops for their own reasons and gems like this I’m sure I won’t come across every day but today, I’m incredibly happy with my rock chick charity chic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment