Wednesday 7 March 2012

Day 7 - Embracing my curves

Today was the first day that I have struggled with deciding what to wear. If I was to be perfectly honest, it’s because today I'm having a 'fat day.' I take a little comfort in thinking this is a feeling the majority of women have had at least once before, if not like me, at least one or twice a month. This has left me feeling rather bloated, uncomfortable and with nothing I think looks nice on. Not a good feeling any day, an even worse feeling when you sleep through your alarm snooze and are running late.
I went through my carefully pre-organised charity chic outfit choices but nothing was jumping out and screaming ‘wear me today’ or ‘pick me, pick me’ I braved it either way and plunged for a rather gorgeous black fitted jersey dress with grey detailing and a frill. Not the obvious choice seems I’m feeling a little off today but thought in for a penny and have embraced my curves which are highlighted rather nicely in this flattering dress.
I still can’t believe I found this in my local charity shop. I’m hoping this is something I think a lot over the next 10 months.
I teamed today’s dress with a pair of patent leather Mary Jane’s ... not quite the urban shoe myth Carrie comes across in the infamous Vogue closet but I do love them all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment