Friday 30 March 2012

Friday 30th March – Day 30

"Are you still doing your challenge?"

Don’t know about you but I have definitely got the Friday feeling, I think it’s the weather. That, and my charity-related smile I can’t seem to wipe from my face. With each day, I’m telling more people about my blog and the concept behind it and I’ve had a whole range of reactions; my friends laughed, my mother looked scared, my colleagues were encouraging and people I meet are positive. A few have told me they don’t think I can do it, obviously they don’t know me too well, and this is where my determination and stubbornness will come in handy. Plus I’m a Roy Castle girl after all, dedication is all you need!  

What I’m loving with each outfit is the ever present question “is that charity shop?” or my favourite “No, you didn’t get that in a charity shop did you?” but the answers are yes, yes I did. I have only bought clothes from charity shops and wear at least two items of charity shop chic every day. Often, my whole outfit including shoes is charity shop. Take today for instance. My tops, shoes and blazer are all charity that I’ve teamed with a pair of skinny jeans (shop bought earlier in the year) and a scarf (birthday present) so I’m more charity than high street and I love it. 

The more I do this, the more I have an eye for price tags and how I can mix and match key signature items I have with clothes I already own or can pick up in charity shops, and I’m only one month it.
(Also, check out Suzi bear in the background. Cute!!)



p.s. Its not just me either. Check out the GORGEOUS dress my boss is wearing today, that she bought from one of the Roy Castle Lung Cancer shop's. I think she looks fab (and not just because she is my boss) and has teamed it with a black blazer and court shoes. She is meeting ready and noone would ever guess it only cost her £8 from a charity shop and thats why I really love this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment