Thursday 22 March 2012

Thursday 22nd March – Day 21

“Dedication, that’s what you need”

Here I go, three weeks in and I’m still going strong. Granted, to start with I did have a pile of new charity clothes to wear but that aside, I have stuck to it and up until now I’m enjoying the daily ooh’s and aah’s as I strut into work in my charity shop items.

Although I’ve not deliberately misled or lied about this challenge, I do feel that I should make a small confession. I’m sure this probably won’t come as a huge surprise to some, as I work for a charity. As my about me states, I am a marketing manager but it’s for a charity, The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation to be exact, a cause I openly supported before I started working for them and a job which I really do love.

The rest is all true. The challenge started after our retail department told the team about their change around. Basically, their seasonal change of stock in the shops. Always with an eye for a bargain and luckily with insider privileges I hit the shop and bought myself some fabulous new dresses, trousers, shorts and a blazer I’m now addicted to.

It was after that, I was given the challenge to keep it up and only wear charity clothes for the year. Although this will be a great challenge for me, I am incredibly fortunate to have the backing of our retail team who are just as excited as me for the outfits I’m able to put together.

This also doesn’t mean I will be only wearing clothes from The RCLCF shops. Yes, I obviously know those shops and staff well but in the last three weeks alone I have worn clothes I’ve bought from BHF, my local church

Today I’m wearing a nautical-esq ensemble of a white Topshop jumper, I picked up in the British Heart Foundation in Wilmslow last summer. That same shopping trip also included a fabulously bright summer shirt for a friend’s beach theme party which I’ll save until summer.

I’ve teamed this with skinny jeans, white pumps and a vintage blue scarf I bought for £1 at a charity accessories sale at my local church

For walking to work I added my new favourite cream blazer which I bought from our charity shop for £8.


No comments:

Post a Comment