Wednesday 21 March 2012

Tuesday 20th March - Day 19

Spreading the message

Today I am on a training course in Manchester organised by the Institute of Fundraising. I couldn’t ask for a better audience to preach the good message of charity shop chic too could I? Before I get into that though, I had to brave the commuter train to the other end of the M62 which was an experience in itself but the less said about that the better.

As a fan of a lovely pair of sky scrapper heels, even between the hours of 9-5am, I was reluctant to leave them at home but today I had to. Mainly as I had a 15 minute walk from the train station and as good as I am in heels (which is excellent by the way) even I draw the line at a two mile walk in four inches. Therefore today I rocked a rather lovely and practical pair of black patent ballet pumps with a bow on them. I obviously wore a whole outfit with these too but this is my charity purchase today. Costing £7 these bad boys were purchased in Newcastle by my friend from her local charity shop when she saw them in the window. Even better for me as they were too small for her so she donated them to me, perfect!


Oh and I totally got my moment of glory to tell the other course attendees about my challenge and blog. I'm a woman on a mission and I quite simply, can not be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment