Thursday 8 March 2012

Day 7 – Lady in red

Well I’ve made it a whole week and to be honest, I’m rather impressed with myself and definitely surprised. I am seeing it as a new diet though, it’s always easy to start with as you’re all motivated and determined, so looking forward to how the next few weeks and months unfold and seeing whether said motivation sticks. Hmmmm!

Today’s dilemma, dressing to impress for a meeting. To set the scene, I work in an in-house marketing team so we’re office based. We do have a dress policy in work but it’s not as strict as places I’ve worked in before. That said, I do like to dress smart and formal, helps me differentiate my wardrobe and mentally prepares me for working. I know that may sound rather odd but I was told it in my first job “dress like a business woman and people will treat you like one.” Although at the time as a 21-year old graduate I thought it was a little dramatic, I have taken something from it and certainly do like to present myself professionally.

This brings me nicely onto my outfit choice for today, a rather bold red fitted dress with the life saving peplum detail around the waist, beautifully hiding a multitude of sins.  

Even better, it came with a simple little patent leather belt that just pinches me in enough to not stop me breathing whilst making my waist just a little bit trimmer. Teamed with my trusty black round toe platforms and my cream over sized tailored blazer and I’m all set to knock ‘em dead in my meeting. (Which I did, but that’s a different story all together)

Total cost of outfit = £14

No comments:

Post a Comment